Setting up Kodi (Xbmc) on the Raspberry Pi can take some time and effort. If you have not used Kodi much before, it can seem quite daunting at first. What we have done is to create a disc image for you that you can download and mount to your SD card, pop it in your Pi and your ready to go!
This free configured Kodi download is built with OpenElec (Pi 2 version), arguably the best Kodi experience on the Raspberry Pi.
It includes a compilation of all the best streaming addons for watching Movies, TV shows and Live TV. Also all the best repositories have been installed, so adding new addons is simple.
The advancedsettings.xml file has been modified for optimum performance.
We have done all the hard work for you!
Configured Kodi Download – What you will need
- Minimum of 2GB micro SD card. A larger card is advisable but not essential. This configured Kodi download has been programmed to determine the remaining space of your card and use it as storage.
- Win32 Disk Imager (Windows) or RPI SD Card Builder (Mac). Used for writing the image to your SD card. If you are unsure how to do this, then follow Setting Up Kodi on the Raspberry Pi. Instead of using the OpenELEC download, use the configured Kodi download. Win 32 Disk Imager can be found on the SourceForge website.
- A Raspberry Pi 2
Below is a list of all the pre-installed Addons, Repositories, Skins and Programs included in the configured Kodi download.
Streaming Movie and TV Show Addons
These are a collection of the best Addons used to access streams of literally thousands of the best films and TV shows.
Some require a virtual private network (VPN), to be able to work correctly because of certain internet providers restrictions. Don’t worry if you do not have one. A huge amount of content can still be accessed without one using the other Addons. Another benefit of using a VPN that people like, is that it keeps all your activity private. See the Raspberry Pi VPN setup post for full instructions on how to enable the remaining plugins content.
Movies and TV Shows
- PlayBox HD
- Cartoon HD Extra (not just cartoons but films too)
- ICE films (needs a VPN)
- OneChannel (needs a VPN)
- ProjectTV (need a VPN)
TV Catch up
- BBC iplayer
- ITV player (with no adverts)
- FilmOn (Live UK TV + more)
- Simple IPTV client TV channels (SKY and sports channels). A channel list has been added, but you may need to find a more recent one for more working channels.
These are giant repositories that include an expansive collection of the individual repositories. This means that they have literally thousands of addons so you can be sure you will find what you need.
- Xfinity – Xunity
- MP3 Streams (Full Albums)
- Radio Tunes (Internet Radio)
- Vevo (Music Videos)
- Amber Skin. A Beautiful skin which enhances your experience. Please note, most tutorials and guides are using the default skin called Confluence. Some menu items are in a different place, but it is not difficult to get used to. If you are having problems with any of the tutorials then it is easy to switch between the 2 skins in Settings-Appearance.
Also Included in the Configured Kodi Download
- PIA for OpenELEC. An Easy set-up wizard for using a VPN from PIA (privateinternetaccess) under programs. Visit Raspberry Pi VPN Setup for a easy to follow tutorial to set this up.
- NaviX Programme
- Met Office Weather. Found under weather. You just need to change the City to match yours
Various Addons have been added to the Home Shelf under settings to allow you easy access from the home menu screen under Addons. Feel free to change these for others. You can also add Addons to favourites to make them show up in the same way under favourites in the menu.
If you have any requests for my next release please let me know.
Where do you find the Configured Kodi Download!?
Head over to the Download Page to download now!